Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What I’ve Learned from Plumb: I Don’t Deserve His Love, But I Still Get to Have It

I’ve blogged about this song previously, but I cannot overstate the profound effect it had on me when I heard it.  It is very rare still for me to get through the entire song without crying or singing or both, which sounds like a baby whale screeching.  That’s how I praise the Lord.

Plumb wrote it for her son, a child who can give her a run for her money sometimes but is obviously the light of her life.  I didn’t know that going in as it sounds so much like a song to Christ, and it didn’t affect me when I found out.  There are lyrics that, to me, can only describe a relationship with Christ.

You're the reason that I'm alive
You're what I can't live without

I don't deserve a love that gives me everything
You're everything I want


I love my family with a passion and they, like Christ, are forgiving and right next to me, even at my worst.  But I don’t believe, and I don’t want any of them to believe, that a relationship with a person can ever fulfill all their needs or give them everything.  Our reason for living is more than each other, even if being together is a huge part of it.  For me, this was a love letter from God saying He will chase me, catch me even when I run, be by my side always.  As previously mentioned, I had a very hard time accepting the being loved part of my relationship with the Lord.  My epic failures cause me to see myself as unlovable in front of a Holy God.  But Plumb’s lyrics knocked me over with the raw honesty, the facts of having a relationship with Christ.

Your heart is gold and how am I the one
That you've chosen to love
I still can't believe that you're right next to me
After all that I've done


There’s not much I can say except, listen to the song.  Also, D is creating art based on a vision in my head that pops up every time I hear this song.  He is an amazing artist and has been working on it for some time, but because it’s going to hang in my living room and because I am so passionate about it, it’s taking him forever.  He doesn’t give himself enough credit when it comes to art anyway.  I’ll post it when he finishes and reference back to this blog.

Here the song by pasting this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im5aoy5hKVA






No comments:

Post a Comment