Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Weekly Grocery Challenge Week 2

The Weekly Grocery Challenge Week 2 board is up on Pinterest if you want to check it out.  I only included recipes I've never made, so there may be a few on my blog list that you won't find on the board, like spaghetti or tacos.  I usually shop on Wednesdays, so this is the beginning of the new week for me.  Here's the line up for this week:

Breakfasts:
Homemade Pop Tarts (Pop Tarts were one of D's favorite pre-Celiac junk foods, so I am going to surprise him with these.)
Breakfast Burritos
Monkey Bread and Eggs
Crunch Bars
Eggs and Fruit
Anything in the fridge not growing mold

Lunch:
Leftovers
Boiled eggs and raw veggies
Choice of protein wrapped in rice paper or an arrowroot tortilla

Dinners:
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Spicy Sausage and Pasta
Chicken Pot Pie we didn't eat from last week because we had leftovers
Spaghetti
Chicken and Dumplings
Sonoma Flatbreads Serious Meat Gluten-Free Pizza from Costco
Tacos and Beans

Snacks:
Aldi's grabs or fruits and veggies

Last week went really well.  We tried new foods.  I loved all of them, and so did D.  The kids were hit and miss, but they tried new things without complaining too much.  They also chose healthier snacks all week because that's pretty much all I made available to them.  Today they had having baby carrots for lunch.

I spent more money on the front end, which usually happens at the beginning of a new grocery period (that falls in the middle of the month for us, so week one was our first week of groceries for this pay period).  However, I have plenty of ingredients left over to make more meals, so I doubt I will spend all of this week's allotment.  I think the super detailed planning is going to work out.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment