Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Not the Week We Planned

This week was not good. Starting on the night of Christmas Eve, it just went downhill fast and kept rolling. The craziness of majestic proportions included: three visits to ER centers or actual ERs (and that’s just for my total; there was one for D and one for Sammy), a diagnosis of flu for three of us (God bless Wren and the amount of supplements that child ingests), an ear infection diagnosis (Sammy), a strep throat diagnosis (D), and three days in the hospital for me just soaking up fluids and anti-nausea meds via IV. Oh, and Tamiful and Tylenol.


We’re trying to have a sense of humor about the whole thing. I’m the only one who is not fully recovered, but I was lacking energy before the flu, so maybe I am fully recovered and this whole pregnancy just is going to own me. I do think I may have developed agoraphobia since I haven’t washed my kids’ hair in eight days due to lack of shampoo and was just now able to make myself go get shampoo because it meant braving sneezing people. I thought seriously about just shaving their heads.

Anyway, the next sonogram is next week, and we had a bit of pregnancy drama this week, though it turned out okay. The children have found each other and are now lying on top of each other. It’s cute and terrifying all at the same time. They are the same egg, just split in half, so it’s not like I can demand they not spoon, but it’s a little scary to actually see.

Music has really worked as our remedy when our brains go into overdrive about the things we can’t control, so I’m going to attempt to upload this video from Youtube of a song I love. This is my favorite version, so enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment