Thursday, March 14, 2013

My 9th Little Thing



Recap: The time change actually fixed a large portion of my morning problems. The kids are sleeping in later meaning I can get up if I want to or just be awake in bed mentally preparing for the day before it starts. I am usually not a fan of switching the clocks just to mess with the sleep schedules of little people, but I’m very grateful for it this year. I have also made my bed every day, and Wren reminds me to open the blinds for “natural light” if I forget. Overall, this week felt successful.

Week 9: Submit writing

My husband is the perfect balance of everything. The man has a degree in accounting, can draw anything better than anyone I know, and he writes amazing literature that I beg to read. He’s good at math, art, literature, and he has taught my children about zombies, Chewbacca, and the story of David and Goliath. He’s well-rounded. It’d be easy to hate him if he also wasn’t so sweet and perfect. I’m not sure how I lucked out, but I’m not going to question it.

What I’ve noticed about his balanced brain is it also allows him to start and complete tasks without making excuses. He’s disciplined. He writes books, comics, follows through on projects. I claim to be a creative brain exploding type, which means I always have huge, amazing-to-me ideas, but I rarely follow through with the actual implementation once the passion runs out.

I have been meaning to submit articles, finish two novels I started, all that good stuff for some time. I’m not scared of my writing being rejected; I realized within the last month I’m way more afraid of not ever submitting or completing anything because that will be the true failure.

This week I am going to work on my creative exploding brain issue. I am going to find three places I would like to submit work, check out the deadlines, and then submit the work before the deadlines. I won’t be able to submit everything this week, but I will know of three places I want to submit to, and I’ll be breaking this task into parts. Hopefully that will leave me feeling less overwhelmed by the whole thing, which I think is what zaps my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment