Tuesday, December 29, 2015

January 2016 Book List

After I wrote the list of books I want to read in 2016 in my Erin Condren planner, I realized I was going to need some kind of strategy to make it even halfway through the list.  My plan is to pick books from each set of lists (yes, I have multiple lists!) and mix them together so I knock out books in each category every month.  Here are my picks for January:

Yes, the oven light is on in the background, but I'm
taking pictures of books.  This is how fires start
in our house.


The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is one from the list D made for me.  I don't usually read Stephen King, but I did read The Colorado Kid at D's request, and it was good.  I'm going to give this one a shot.

Bread and Wine is one my friend, Alta, recommended.  I just started it and I'm already in love.  Food, Jesus, people, all in one book.  Pretty much perfection in my eyes.

Best Boy is from the BookPage Top 50 picks from 2015.  It's written from the perspective of an adult male with autism, and the few pages I've read are intriguing.

The Twelve is the sequel to The Passage, a post-apocalyptic vampire story.  The first one was an over 700 pound behemoth, but I got sucked in and now can't stop.  The third book is due out in May of 2016, so it's already on my list.

If you happen to read something amazing, please let me know.  I weep at the thought that there are books I may somehow be missing.  Help me.





No comments:

Post a Comment