Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Top Book Choices

Choosing favorite books from a whole year of reading is beyond difficult for me. I loved the books I am about to list, but I loved many books this year. Friend me on Goodreads or check out all the monthly book lists on the blog for this year to see reviews and ratings.

The books I chose stuck with me, changed my view, or made me laugh when I desperately needed to. Since my memories of these books are freshest right after I've read them, I linked back to the original reviews I gave on the blog.  Click a book title and you will be taken to the page where I discussed it in detail.

Not all of these books are new releases from 2017, but most are fairly recent.  If a book isn't yet linked, that means it will be on December's book list, and I'll link to it when I have that completed.  I may still squeeze in one more book before the end of the year!

Non-fiction

We Were Eight Years in Power by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks by Annie Spence
The All-or-Nothing Marriage by Eli J. Finkel
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
I Was Told There'd be Cake by Sloane Crosley
I'm Supposed to Protect You From All This by Nadja Spiegelman
My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues by Pamela Paul
This is Where You Belong by Melody Warnick

The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking

Fiction

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
This Must Be the Place by Maggie O'Farrell
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
The Girl in Green by Derek B. Miller
A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles





No comments:

Post a Comment