Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Countdown

There are still a few things we need to do before the babies get here: 
  • purchase a car that holds four kids
  • purchase a new car seat for Wren
  • prepare "presents" from the twins for Sammy and Wren to soften the blow of mommy breastfeeding 24/7
There are other tasks on the list, but I accomplished one of my favorites yesterday:  ordering this.  That's right, a Weego Twin is headed my way, and I am irrationally excited about this.  In the Weego Twin, I see the first sign that I may one day leave my house with four kids, not lose any, and possibly have a half-way happy trip to wherever we go.  I'm dreaming, sure, but the Weego Twin looks like opportunity to me.  I can't help it.

My kids hated strollers until the age of one because they couldn't smell breastmilk from the stroller.  They couldn't see me, hold me, or spit up on me from a stroller, so they basically called it child abandonment and refused to ride in one until they were capable of walking.  Then, for some reason, the stroller was fine. 

The Moby saved my life with Sam (I had no idea about the Moby or other wraps or carriers with Wren, so I just held her all the time and had awesome biceps).  I am hoping the Weego Twin will be the happiness for the twins that the Moby was for Sammy.  I am sure you are on the edge of your seat wondering things like:

Will she ever get both kids in there properly?
How is she going to ensure she doesn't lose Sammy and Wren?
Why is she so excited about a twin carrier?

I'll keep you posted!

Sidenote:  I told Dennis the Weego was being shipped from Deutschland and then just smiled.  He asked, "You know Deutschland is German for Germany, right?"

Me:  I thought Germany was German for Germany. 

D:  Giving me his I love you anyway look.

Me:  I am so very  knocked up, and it does affect the brain.  You knocked me up, so don't look at me like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment